Utilizing evidenced-based techniques to infuse civic learning and engagement opportunities, the Rutgers-New Brunswick Civic Sustainability Initiative provides resources for holding critical conversations about American democracy at this uncertain and challenging moment.
Rutgers’ mission of educating “involved citizens and effective leaders for a dynamic world” has never been more important. Towards this end, the Rutgers University-New Brunswick Civic Engagement Coalition has launched a new campaign, the Civic Sustainability Initiative.
Using an evidenced-based approach to infuse civic learning and engagement opportunities throughout all facets of campus life, we are committed to:
- Supporting and Encouraging Student Voting
- Encouraging Political Discourse
- Infusing Curricular and Co-Curricular Experiences with Democratic Learning
- Evaluating and Benchmarking our Efforts
In response to the changing needs of our community, we have prepared a multi-faceted, multi-media package around such themes as Fostering a Campus Culture of Engagement and Civic Engagement in a Global Health Crisis.
Civic Sustainability Launch Videos
Rutgers-New Brunswick Civic Engagement Coalition Partners
The Rutgers-New Brunswick Civic Engagement has partners from all areas of campus life. Find a full list of partners below:
- Eagleton Institute of Politics
- Division of Student Affairs
- NJPIRG Student Chapters
- Student Centers and Activities
- Rutgers Office of Information Technology
- Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement
- Rutgers University Student Assembly
- Rutgers Athletics
- Office of New Student Orientation and Family Programs
- Engineering Governing Society