Darien Civic Engagement Project
For the upcoming Fall semester, students can register for the 1.5 credit Topics in Political Science course (790:250). Enrolled students will work together with Dr. Elizabeth Matto of the Eagleton Institute of Politics and CYPP staff on RU Voting – a civic engagement initiative to provide students with comprehensive and accurate voter information to Rutgers University students.
In conjunction with their coursework, DCEP students will meet together on Thursdays from 10:55am to 12:15pm at the Eagleton Institute of Politics to discuss and implement best practices of voter engagement on campus.
If taken in conjunction with an additional 1.5-credit political science course, such as Reading Social Science Research (790:254), these credits will count as political science elective credits.
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2020 cohort!
- Assisting with RU Voting by registering and mobilizing fellow students to participate in the November General Election
- Develop leadership and presentation skills
- Learn to run a successful voter engagement campaign
- Researching youth political participation rates
- Opportunities to participate in special events and great food!
- Open to students of all majors, all schools and all class years
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Eager to engage fellow students in voter registration and mobilization drives
- Detail-orientated and responsible attitude
A special thank you to:
The Darien Fund for the U.S. Constitution, Citizenship, and Civic Engagement