About RU Voting
For nearly 20 years, RU Voting-Rutgers has served as the resource Rutgers University students, administrators, and faculty rely upon for nonpartisan and accurate registration and Election Day information. The project is dedicated to registering, educating, and mobilizing students to participate in the political process.
Partner in National and State Voter Registration Challenges
RU Voting is a partner program involved in several National and State Voter Registration Challenges for the 2020 Election season!
Find Your Polling Location
Not sure where to go? Find your on-campus voting location here.
These sites will provide you with non-partisan information on candidates, their platforms, elections, dates/deadlines, polling locations and election results.
This site provides a summary of every election taking place across the country, results and live blogging.
A useful site allowing users to search information on their representatives and relative legislation.
This site provides a quiz to determine how one’s views align with each political party.
This site contains everything from international stories to the latest Presidential Primary polls. A non-partisan website, Politico is a great resource for all the latest political news.
Real Clear Politics
Everything from public opinion polls to election results can be found on this site. It also includes up-to-date information on political events, such as the State of the Union and other presidential addresses.
A non-partisan online news source covering policy, politicians and American election campaigns.
This tool allows users to select specific issues and see how the candidates’ views compare to their own.
New Jersey Politics & Election Resources
Want to learn more about is happening in New Jersey? Below are some non-partisan media sources and websites for navigating Garden State politics:
State-Government Online Resources
The NJ Department of Elections
- Here you will find a wealth of information about the voting process in NJ.
New Jersey Legislature
- If you need to research the contents of a bill or even listen to a current debate going on in the State House in Trenton, this is the site to check out!
Office of the Governor: Phil Murphy
- This is the main site of New Jersey Governor, Phil Murphy. You can find his current initiatives, profiles of his administration, and even his daily updated blog and Twitter.
The State of New Jersey
- From the governor’s office and state directories to tax information and county/municipalities offices, this site is New Jersey’s official page for everything related to NJ politics.
Following the News in Your Area
A well educated democratic citizenry needs to be well informed. Here are trusted sources for news around New Brunswick and New Jersey for students looking to know all there is to know in their communities!
In New Brunswick:
All of NJ:
Local News Sources
- Northern New Jersey: The Record, The Star-Ledger, The Jersey Journal, Herald News, New Jersey Herald, Daily Record
- Central New Jersey: NJ.com, The Star-Ledger, Courier News, Asbury Park Press, Homes News Tribune, The Times, The Trentonian
- Southern New Jersey: The Press of Atlantic City, Burlington County Times, Courier-Post, The Daily Journal, South Jersey News
Public Opinion Polls
Looking for more information on polls and public opinion? Start here:
Eagleton Center for Public interest Polling
The Eagleton Center for Public Interest Polling (ECPIP) manages the Rutgers-Eagleton Poll, established in 1971 as one of the nation’s first university-based statewide public opinion polls.
Gallup has studied human nature and behavior for over 75 years and through this comprehensive site, provides innovative polls and trends about politics, elections and political engagement.
Institute of Politics – Harvard University
Beginning in 2000, the Institute has conducted a biannual survey dedicated to following the political views of America’s Millennial generation over time.
Pew Research Center
“The Pew Research Center for the People & the Press is an independent, non-partisan public opinion research organization that studies attitudes toward politics, the press and public policy issues.”
An independent, nonpartisan resource on trends in American public opinion.